The best way to reduce stress levels and study time next year is by investing some of your summer holidays to:
• Revise important concepts from the previous unit;
• Work through Unit 1 and/or Unit 3 materials before you start back at school next year.
The benefits of getting ahead will become clear when the topics you studied over summer are covered with your teachers at school. While other students struggle to understand the new concepts being delivered, you’ll be hearing this information for the second time.
As a result:
• You’ll develop a deeper and stronger understanding of course materials.
• Your ability to apply concepts and solve questions will greatly improve, resulting in higher SAC and exam marks.
• You won’t get stuck on questions as frequently, reducing the time you spend on homework.
• You’ll get more from your classes at school, reducing the need for private tutors.
• You’ll find the subject less daunting, more interesting and significantly easier – and will be less inclined to procrastinate your studies in this subject.
• You’ll develop greater confidence in your abilities as a student and become more motivated in your studies.
• You’ll re-engrain the knowledge you’ve acquired in the deeper levels of long-term memory, reducing the time and effort you’ll need to prepare for your SACs and exams.
Your SAC marks and subject ranks will also greatly improve, giving you a huge advantage in your quest for the highest possible VCE marks.